IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further the mission of a charity you care about. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to continue the work of charities you care about.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to a qualified charity. An IRA Rollover must be made to a Sec 509(a)(1) or Sec 170(b)(1)(A) public charity; IRA Rollover cannot be made to a DAF, supporting org, or a private foundation.
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of a charity doing great work
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to a nonprofit organization.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to a nonprofit organization to help continue their important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.